All of us have times in life where we are faced with challenges and stress. Part of the human experience involves times of emotional discomfort and challenge, where we feel overwhelmed, anxious, depressed, or emotionally drained. Melanie strongly believes that learning to cope with the full emotional experience and lean into these emotions, leads to personal growth.
Melanie offers support and guidance, as well as education and tools, to help clients work through life's inevitable challenges. Melanie works to help clients understand themselves through a new lens, which in turn can lead to new insight and a change in beliefs about themselves, others, and the world around them. Melanie also helps people work through painful experiences from the past ormay provide education and valuable skills related to assertiveness, emotional regulation, conflict regulation, and stress management.
Common reasons for seeing a counsellor:
- Marriage or other relationship problem
- Low self-esteem
- Need to understand themselves better
- Feel anxious and/or suffer panic attacks
- Dissatisfied with career or job
- Working through major life changes
- Want to become more assertive
- Grieving the loss of a loved one or pet
- Experiencing too much stress
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson